Job Title: Communications Intern
Company: North Dakota Human Rights Coalition
Location: Virtual or In Person
Duration: 1 year (flexible)
Hours: Part Time (flexible)
About the Company:
North Dakota Human Rights Coalition is a nonprofit organization committed to promoting and protecting the human rights of all people in North Dakota. We strive to eliminate discrimination and to promote diversity and inclusion in all aspects of our society.
The North Dakota Human Rights Coalition is excited to announce that we are seeking a Communications Intern to join our team! The intern will be responsible for assisting the board in developing and implementing communication strategies that promote our mission and programs. The intern will be working with a small team, and they will have a lot of flexibility. The successful candidate will have excellent communication and writing skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Assist in developing and implementing communication strategies for the organization
- Assist in creating and editing content for social media(Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and Tik Tok), website, and email marketing campaigns including creating graphics
- Monitor and track social media analytics to measure the effectiveness of communication strategies
- Assist in planning and executing events and campaigns to promote the organization and its programs
- Collaborate with other team members to ensure consistency and accuracy of messaging across all communication channels
- Attend monthly board meetings and weekly communication meetings
- Table local events to educate and spread the word about the North Dakota Human Rights Coalition.
- Assist with fundraising efforts, including producing calling lists and reaching out to local businesses
- Ensure that the website is updated and includes accurate information
- During legislative session, the intern will work closely with the legislative coordinator to promote bills and causes that the North Dakota Human Rights Coalition deems important
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Familiarity with social media platforms and content creation
- Passion for human rights and social justice
- Self starter and the ability to work alone
- Experience with graphic design and video editing is a plus but not required! Previous interns had no graphic design experience.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to Interim Board Chair Barry Nelson email@example.com.